- 1 sachet of Old Hamlet Mulled Spices in Cotton Bags
- Chilled champagne or sparkling wine
- 150 ml (¼ pint) Brandy
- 1 sugar lump
- 1 or 2 drops of Angostura bitters
- For a simple champagne cocktail: place a sugar lump in each champagne glass plus one or two drops of Angostura bitters.
- Add a dash of brandy, then pour in the chilled champagne or sparkling wine.
- For a more exotic champagne cocktail: Before you make the cocktail, simply add one Old Hamlet muslin sachet to 150 ml (¼ pint) of brandy and heat gently in a saucepan. Do not boil.
- Allow the brandy to cool and absorb the spicy flavours for at least 15 minutes then remove the sachet.
- When the spiced brandy has cooled, use this instead of the ordinary brandy as above.